Wednesday 13 July 2011

MY OFFICIAL WIZKID ALBUM REVIEW

When I first heard this act do the hook on the track Fast money Fast Cars from M.I's "Talk About IT" album in 2009,I just felt he was gonna get to the top of the Nigerian music industry 1 day and at the moment still only 21 Ayo Balogun whose Stage name is Wizkid is already Making it Big.
Works with Jesse Jagz,Ice prince,kel,E-ko,Samklef,Da prince,Olamide,Yung6ix,Mochedda,Skales,Banky W,M.I and other prominent Nigerian acts Catalysed the rise of Nigeria's YoungFELA as he calls himself on his twitter page...follow @wizkidayo..
Signed to Empire Mates Entertainment whose C.E.O is the "Kele Master" Banky W,wizkid is Nigeria's fastest rising Entertainer in the music industry.The single Holla At your Boy which was officially released on Jan 1st 2010 top many charts within and outside the Nation,other singles like Gidi girl and tease Me dropped as well and didn't do bad in Charts as well.The video for Holla At your Boy shot by Patrick Elis Top Video charts as well.Don't Dull the single which got people talking about the AXE(ASK) your mommy ish was also release,which was also followed by Wiz Party.
I first saw the advert of the album launch which was held at the prestigious Eko hotel and Suites on Television...Although I wasn't present pics,videos and Eyewitness all gave 1 testimony-The show was CLASSIC!!!
Am not gonna waste ur time any further so I'll just do the review of what is in some ways Nigeria's Best selling album-THE SUPERSTAR by wizkid-
Track 1-Say My Name-Wizkid just go Easy wit this track.A perfect way to introduce oneself-6/10
Track 2-No lele-Wizkid tells YOU what 2 tell those who make u feel u can't make it..Oya AXE your sister(looool)-6/10
Track 3-Scatter the floor-This is a real party Jam that will do exactly as its titled---"Don't Hesitate let's get to my Estate"-8/10
Track 4-Pakarumo-E-ye-ye-ye...A real party track for the yorouba peeps..Wizkid rounds up this track my given honour to whom its due..Al-haji M.O Balogun(his father)Governor Fashola,Mrs K.M.Balogun(his Mother) and Mr Wellington(Banky W)-9.5/10
Track 5-Slow whine Ft Banky-A slow club song for the ladies...some guys would dance to it too..(NoT bad)cool lines from banky W-"Its wonderful wit MR W,unZip my shokoto and see if its true"..."My and wizzy like D'banj and Wande,Jigga and Kanye.7/10
Track 6-love my baby-the way he kept shouting the love my baby is enough for any girl considering break-up to stay!!!Splendid track for the love birds-7/10
Tack 7-Gidi Girl-1 of the singles released...hmm notin much to say abt this-7/10
Track 8-Oluwa Noni-Wizkid goes Spiritual here and says a bit of his life before stardom-"1shirt,1jeans and THAT same shoe"na so the shoe dey prominent??-8/10
Track 9-DONT DULL-Am not gonna say anything abt this just ASK your mommy,please don't AXE her oooooh-8/10
Track 10-Tease Me/Bad guyz-"What was this track for?to tell us he knows people???Abeg joor,I know people too so?-(just for the "I know ALL OF THEM GUYZ"2.5/10
Track 11-EME boiz-ft skales and Banky W-That track to fully commercialize the record label..Cool lines by Banky and skales "say u wan beef but all u do is tweet,these rappers are chicken all we do is eat"..."EME so fly am the pilot"7/10
Track 12-What u wanna do-Another needless track in the album...I wonder how it gets some people on the Dancefloor sha...2/10
Track 13-For me-"Wizzy and Wande killed this beat...Nice tune for the club peeps-8/10
Track 14-HoLla At Your Boy-10/10...this track needs no introduction 10/10
Track 15-Wad-UP ft Da prince-A nice track that was over-shadowed by D-prince "Who sat and watch my infant head ish"cool jam-8/10
Track 16-shout out-And I'll say "GOD go make u Bigger ooooooooh"10/10
Track 17(Bonus track)-Wizparty-Can't wizkid do without the repetition?"Its true the girls they love me why me" said over a hundred times on this track...pardon my exaggeration sha...8/10
Conclusion Nice album.....overall rating 8/10
Watch of for the Next thing to come out of EME...its gonna be S 2 D K.....ales....!!!@youngskales ff on twitter

No comments:

Post a Comment